“The Internet “browser… is the piece of software that puts a message on your computer screen informing you that the Internet is currently busy and you should try again later.” ~ Dave Barry
A situation arose last week that prompted me to consider the browsers I use and why.
Now, I’m more of a Social-Media-Geek and less of an IT-Geek, so that is my single disclaimer.
- Google Chrome
- Yep. It’s my top choice. It didn’t use to be but I like the speed, easy-to-use apps (extensions), and it’s simplicity.
- It gives you the ability to sync when you are signed into Google. This allows you to save your bookmarks, settings, and suchlike to keep your experience the same no matter the computer you are using.
- My most used app is TweetDeck.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Once I found Firefox I was in love. I like the themes. It used to be my first love and, though I am happy with it in general, it started crashing a lot. That’s when I fully committed to Chrome.
- Apple’s Safari
- I used to hate Safari but Apple has made a lot of improvements. I like the screenshots of “most visited.”
I use all of these browsers on a daily basis for different reasons. Are you using any of these?