Secretary by Trade, Teacher by Degree, Marketer by Instinct
Remember that old commercial that said “when E.F. Hutton talks, people listen?” Well, I’m no @UNMarketing, @GuyKawasaki, @GaryVee, or @MariSmith (some of the only people that qualify for the guru title), but I do have some experience.
I get annoyed a bit when I hear the term “guru” because it’s overused. As a term of endearment, however, friends have referred to me as a guru, office goddess, or other some such nonsense. I just love “computers.” I have been dabbling on the internet since the early 90′s. I even blogged before blogging was popular (each post was a separate html page, crazy right).
I graduated college with a BA in Liberal Studies, got my Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential and after one year my path took another route. That combination of skills has presented opportunities to tutor others and help get accounts started.
I have a mailing list now, thanks to my pal at Mupplebee.
Okay. I took my friend Alycia's advice and started a MailChimp.
Sign up here:
Here are some of my credentials:
- @gidgey Started 3/27/2007 ~ Klout ~ Kred ~Named in the Top 50 California Conservatives on Twitter by Flash Report 5/22/13.
- @YouTooCanBeGuru Started 5/18/11, Klout ~ Kred ~
- My devotional blog on wordpress.com.
- Commonsense Conscience – my political leanings and rantings.
- Bridget Willard’s Facebook Page for Devotionals and Music
- You, Too Can be a Guru on Facebook
- LinkedIN Profile
Yes, I am the face behind Riggins Construction & Management, Inc. In addition to designing and maintaining the website, I also write all of the copy so you may see cross-posting from time to time.
- @rigginsconst Started 3/19/2009 ~ Klout ~ Kred ~
- April 2013 – Invited by Darrel Cole to be one of his panelists for ACEC California Conference’s Digital Influence panel. You can watch my talk: “You Are What You Tweet.”
- Riggins on Facebook
- Riggins on LinkedIN
- Riggins Construction & Mangement, Inc.’s Blog
- Riggins on Instagram
- Riggins on Pinterest
- Riggins on Youtube
- I was interviewed for this article: E&T Plastics | How Construction Companies Are Using Social Media
- I was interviewed by Deluxe Corporation | 7 Steps for Using Twitter for Business
Social Media Management:
These are my two volunteer accounts.
Pacific Grove High School Class of 1991
- Facebook Page (3/17/2011 – Present)
I’ve recently began ghost writing. If I told you for whom, I’d have to kill you.
Past Social Media Management:
Combined Men’s Ministry (January 2003 – October 2011)
Calvary Chapel Seaside
Wilson Barnett, Inc.
- Designed Starter Website (2001 – April 2012)
- Twitter (10/16/2009 – 10/31/13)
- Facebook Page (7/25/11 – 10/31/13)